What Type of Swag You Looking For?

Monday, April 20, 2015

I Know I Have Been Away...


Sorry guys. To the small contingency who still come to this blog periodically or subscribe on RSS, I truly apologize. I've been having some rough patches through my PhD research. While I am getting promising results now, it may be too little too late. There is a strong chance I will fail, and this has lead me to some severe depression, anxiety and overall bad vibes. The last week has been a bit of an eye opener for me in the sense that I don't care anymore. As bad as that sounds, it's actually good. One of my best friends put it into perspective for me and with the support of my family and friends, I know I'll be fine. Maybe I won't have the opportunities that I wanted...or achieve any of my dreams, but being a man of faith I know I have a bigger purpose that isn't clear to me yet. While those I work around me tell me I'll get my PhD regardless of how well things are simply because I've been putting in the work and I understand the theory to a pretty detailed level. Now with respect to the results, it's all about spinning it in the right way but now I just don't care. I'm just going to continue to work and hope for the best.

What does that mean for this blog? Well I'll continue to post albums/mixtapes that drop. There are some amazing projects lined up and a few that have already doubt that have definitely surprised me (Wale...you killed it my man). But when I get a chance, I'll do a few posts consisting of multiple drops. I started writing raps and poems and those are posted on my man's blog (www.williamchaucer.com) so go check em out. He's in a busy funk as well and in the process of remodelling the blog but I know he's passionate about it so go check it out. In the meantime, enjoy these few drops and I'll try to touch back ASAP.


















No comments:

Post a Comment